Monday, December 26, 2016

Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Soup

My husband and I spent 10 days in Israel and Jordan with a group from our church at the end of September. While we were away, two of our kids stayed with my parents and the other two stayed with my oldest sister. The two that stayed with my sister came back with raving reviews of her broccoli soup and begged for me to get the recipe. I finally got the recipe and attempted it tonight with leftover turkey from our Christmas dinner. It was a hit and incredibly easy to throw together!


  • 1-2 lbs. Chicken, cubed and sauted
  • 6-8 cups Broccoli, steamed
  • 1/2 cups butter
  • 6 tablespoons flour
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper
  • 3 cups milk (I use unsweetened original almond milk), divided
  • 1 cup chicken broth

Directions

  1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and make a paste. Add 2 cups milk. Cook over low heat until thickened. Add pepper and garlic powder. 
  2. Whisk in 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar.
  3. Add broccoli, chicken, 1 cup milk, and chicken broth.
  4. Serve and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment