Tuesday, January 7, 2014

HELP! Luggage Advice Needed

Ruins in Costa Maya (from our last cruise)
We're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship. Zooming through the sky...wait, that's Little Einsteins. No,
we're not to travelling aboard Rocket but we are going on a trip. Jared and I will be going on a cruise in the next couple of months (an early 10th anniversary celebration). All. By. Ourselves. Well, not completely by ourselves as we'll be going with some friends. With all this nasty cold weather we're experiencing I just CAN NOT wait! Warmth, sunshine, quality time together, I am counting down the days.

In the meantime, I am trying to make sure that we've got all the things we will need for our trip. I took a look at our luggage and it is in pretty sad shape. It works okay for our travels to and from checking on our old house (which hasn't sold yet so please keep praying), but I am confident that it will not survive a few flights and the cruise. Now, we've NEVER had good luck with buying new luggage. It doesn't last very long. We bought a new set before our last big trip and it was broke by the time we got back (thankfully the store refunded us our money).

We do travel a fair amount so we need some really good, durable luggage at a decent price. This is where I could use some help. Do you travel a lot and/or have a set of luggage that has held us really well? If you do, what brand, style, price, etc. is it? I really appreciate your input.

1 comment:

  1. We have really enjoyed our Swiss Gear. It has held up well on trips in the states and on our cruise last year. We love the extra pockets they come up with. It is a bit on the pricey side, but we were able to get a "steal" from Target last year around this time. The last set I had was Samsonite (it is now almost 20 years old, and I believe it just broke a wheel last year) and has traveled to Europe many times. It was amazing as well. Both the Swiss Gear and Samsonite are expandable, so i could make room for souvenirs...or in my Dad's case, old books. So excited for your trip and happy shopping for luggage!

    ReplyDelete