Saturday, January 11, 2014

21 Days to a More Disciplined Life: Day 10

I am reading 21 Days to a More Disciplined Life as part of my goals for 2014 and I'm sharing insights from each day's readings. If you want to catch up on my progress, read previous days: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7, Day 8, Day 9.

Day 10:
I can really relate to today's topic, "Discipline Needs Cheerleaders". We all work better and stay more focused when we have someone cheering us on and challenging us to do more or be better. Accountability is a great motivator. I know this from experience. When we lived up north, I had two dear friends whom I would go running with on a regular basis and it really pushed me to work harder and to be diligent.
Practical Application: Do you have cheerleaders in your life? It has to be someone who can give you some tough love when needed. I have several cheerleaders in my life. Jared is a great cheerleader. He knows when to gently encourage and when to challenge me. He is also willing to jump in and help me accomplish my goals. I also have a wonderful friend who does the same, only now it's long distance. :)

Mega Project Progress: I finished step 10, which ended up being just pitching a few small mending projects as they were not worth the time and effort to fix them. The second part of the mega project for today is writing down the names of three different people who might be willing to keep you accountable. As I mentioned above, my husband is one, my friend up north makes two, and my blog is number three. I have some many friends who keep up with my blog and encourage me to keep up the good work.

General Progress: We celebrated our "Christmas" with my brother-in-law and his family (at our house), and I still managed to have the kitchen clean by bedtime. I did pretty good on my calories with having family over. I did go over but I didn't go by as much as I normally would have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment