Saturday, November 30, 2013

[A Month of Thanksgiving] Day 30

[Day 30] As I sit here thinking of all the things that I am thankful for, trying to pick just one to complete my "month of Thanksgiving", I am realizing that I am so incredibly blessed. This brings me to a conclusion, I am thankful for life. This life. The one that God has given me. Period.

My life is not what I dreamed it would be when I was a little girl, a teenager, or even as a freshman in college. I never would have imagined this life for me, and I'm sure that most of my family and friends probably wouldn't have pictured me here either 11 years ago. But, you know what. This life is so much better than what I ever could have imagined. I'll be the first to admit that there are rough times but God never promised ease. He only promised that He'd remain faithful, good, true, and unchanging. His grace and mercy do not fail. He is the definition of love. He is all-knowing, all-powerful, and always-present. He is my rock and my salvation. He is the giver of life, of this life, and I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment