Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pigs in a Blanket

My kids love pigs in a blanket and, well, I guess I do, too. I mean who wouldn't - a hot dog (turkey, pork, or beef) and cheese encased in a crescent roll "bun". No more hot dog falling out of the bun or the bun breaking apart. :)
If you use my crescent roll recipe 
you'll end up with 2-4 extra rolls, 
which I fill with cheese, roll, and bake 
along with the rest of the piggies.
Directions
  1. Prep your crescent roll dough according to the recipe (I usually make up the whole batch, shape half into crescent rolls and then either bake or freeze for later use) or open your container.
  2. Then place half a piece of cheese and a hot dog on the wide end of the triangle, and roll.  
  3. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and place in the oven. Set oven to 400 degrees and bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
For a yummy appetizer - you could also use cocktail wieners and just divide your dough into smaller portions before rolling out and slicing.
I made the mistake of grabbing bun length hot dogs instead of regular length, but they were still yummy.
Oh, and you can see my "extra" cheese stuffed crescent rolls.
Still yummy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment