Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cake Mix Pumpkin Muffins

I usually make some sort of quick bread or muffin for Sunday morning breakfast as they make for a great on-the-go meal. I will admit sometimes it just takes too much time with measuring everything, so when I came across this recipe for pumpkin muffins using a boxed cake mix I just had to give it a try. They turned out really good and were definitely faster.
  • 1 box spice cake mix
  • 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
  • 1 cup water
I did decide to beef up the recipe by adding the following optional ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons ground flax seed meal
  • 2 tablespoons wheat germ
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
Directions
  1. Throw everything in a large mixing bowl, stir until thoroughly combined. 
  2. Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment