Friday, June 22, 2012

Dinner at 8pm (June)

I happened to see this idea on a blog a few months ago (here's the original idea) and decided to try it. I knew Jared and I really needed a "date" Thursday night but had no luck finding sitter on the spur of the moment so I decided to try it. I will admit that it was a bit of a struggle trying to get me kids to go to bed early but I think better planning on my part would have helped with that. It ended up being a really nice evening for us to sit and an enjoy an elegant dinner and a movie.



Here is what we had for dinner (I did make a changes to all of the recipes and I'm hoping to get them posted on here soon but the original links will have to suffice for now):
Candlelight provided by some tapered candles, coffee beans, and champagne flutes.
Appetizer - Honey Oat Bread with black pepper & herb olive oil for dipping
Vegetables - Braised Zucchini with Red Pepper and Onion, and Steamed broccoli and cauliflower





Dessert - Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake and coffee (I baked my cakes in the oven instead of the microwave)


No comments:

Post a Comment