Friday, May 20, 2011

BLTA Sandwich

A month or two ago the hubby took me out for dinner to a local restaurant. I saw that they had a new item on the menu - a BLTA Croissant (bacon, lettuce, turkey and avocado). It was SOOOOOO good and I would like to make it here at home some night, which is why I'm posting it.

Ingredients (per sandwich)
  • Croissant (I have a recipe for crescent rolls that I use to make my own croissants, I just shape them differently)
  • 1 tablespoon Mayo or Miracle Whip
  • 2-3 leaves of lettuce - I would go with a nice bibb, butter/boston, or other delicate lettuce 
  • 1-2 thin tomato slices 
  • 3-4 slices deli turkey (thinly sliced or shaved)
  • 1 slice provolone
  • 2 slices bacon - I would use turkey bacon to cut down on the fat content
  • 2 avocado slices - make sure you get a ripe one and slice it thinly, about 1/4"-1/2" thick
Directions
  1. Spread Mayo/Miracle Whip on both sides of the croissant. Layer lettuce, tomato, turkey, provolone, bacon, and avocado. 
  2. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite thing to eat there! I'm so glad you wrote up a recipe, we are making these today for Sunday dinner. I'll have to try it with homemade croissants next time.

    ReplyDelete