Tuesday, October 5, 2010

31 Days of Praise: October 1-5

I am currently reading the Psalms in my daily devotions and with it being the month before Thanksgiving, I have decided to write down something to praise the Lord for each day of the month. I have been writing them down for my own benefit but thought I would share them with you as an encourage for you to praise the Lord. I will be posting days 1-5 in this post and then individual posts for the rest of the days.

October 1 - God has provided me with home, a roof over my head and a protection from the elements.

October 2 - We both have jobs and a steady income. I know so many families that have been affected by job loss or pay cuts.

October 3 - I am so thankful for a wonderful husband who works hard to support our family so that I can work very limited hours and be home with our children most of the time.

October 4 - I read Psalm 32 today and verse one was such a great reminder to me of something that I am truly thankful for, my salvation. "Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered."

October 5 - I am so thankful for the children that God has entrusted to my care. They are normal kids and, yes, they frustrate and tire me out, but I am reminded that they are a gift from the Lord. I know so many women who have been unable to carry children of their own and experience the joy of hearing a little one say, "I love you, mom," for the first time. All too often I find myself complaining about these little blessings instead of praising God for them.

Your turn: What will you praise the Lord for today and each day of this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment