Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week 41 Menu (January 24-30)

Christmas break has ended and now we are back to the grind of the hubby being at work 5 days a week (10 hours a day), then class 3 nights a week (2 1/2 hour classes). Thankfully, he will be done with his Associates degree after this semester. Woohoo!!! Anyway, I am planning meals around classes, which definitely means we are back to leftovers for sure 2 nights a week and a crockpot or make-the-day-before type dish on Wednesdays (the only day I work away from home and the hubby's midweek class). I usually bring my crockpot to work (I am the only employee beside the owner) and "make" dinner while I'm there. Here is my first menu of the spring semester.
  • Homemade Pizza - Sausage, peppers, onions, black olives, and mushrooms.
  • Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Breast (purchased premarinated) and Pasta with Garlic and Olive Oil
  • White Chicken Chili (This is my Crock Pot meal for the week)
  • The Farmer's Omelet and Hashbrowns - when the hubby and I first moved to our current home, there was this little restaurant in town that was only open for breakfast and lunch (like 7am-2pm). We finally got a chance to stop in for brunch one Saturday morning and from that point on, we were hooked. They served this dish called the "Farmer's Omelet" which was a 3-egg omelet stuffed to overflowing with strips of skirt steak, sautéd mushrooms, onions, and, I believe, Monterey Jack cheese. Shortly before our 2nd child was born they had to close their doors. I happened to be thinking of this dish as I was looking through the grocery flyers for this week (eggs were on sale). So I will be attempting this for dinner. I will add some red bell peppers to the omelet and may skip the steak (still deciding). I have a tendency to overcook eggs so it will definitely be a challenge for me.
  • Broccoli & Rice Casserole (leftover broccoli, rice, ham or chicken, cheese, and homemade or canned condensed cream soup)

1 comment:

  1. I would like to apologize for not posting this sooner. I finished it on Thursday and thought for sure that I hit post, but I must have gotten distracted and just saved it.

    ReplyDelete