Monday, January 4, 2010

Week 38 Menu (January 3-9)

This week will be pretty hectic for me so I'm trying to do some easy prep meals. We are in the process of remodeling our living and dining rooms (we have an open-concept house where the living and dining rooms just flow into each other without a wall to separate them, which made it almost necessary to remodel both rooms at the same time). It is our oldest son's birthday this week and he will be "3" (WOW how the time flies!) and he has requested that I make him a Super Why cake (we'll see how that turns out). We will also be hosting our college/career's group on Saturday and I'm really hoping we can finish up most, if not all, of the the remodel by then. O
  • Chicken Alfredo, French bread, and a side salad (both the hubby and I are working at losing weight, so I will be using 1 cup of 2% milk and 1 cup of half-n-half for the Alfredo sauce).

  • Tacos and Mexican Rice - The hubby is a HUGE fan of Mexican food

  • Roast turkey, mashed potatoes, glazed baby carrots and fresh bread (made Tex-Mex Cheeseburgers instead because I forgot to take the turkey out of the freezer in time)

  • "Dreaming of a White Christmas" Soup (Made chili with the leftover taco meat instead)

  • Homemade Pizza - I will be making a few different kinds of pizza, as we are having the college/career's group over. (Took the munchkins out for R's 3rd birthday instead)
Also, our grocery store had an abundance of over-ripe bananas on sale this week so I picked up enough for 5 batches of banana bread. I will be freezing 2 batches worth of bananas and then baking up 3 batches of muffins/breads for the freezer. They make for a yummy breakfast/snack on the go.

1 comment: