Monday, June 22, 2009

Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping

I was visiting my sister while we were on vacation and she made homemade magic shell for us. It really works and tastes just as good as store-bought. I forgot to ask her the exact measurements for each ingredient so I experimented on my own and this is what I came up with.

Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (you can use dark chocolate or flavored chocolate)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil (Do not substitute another oil for this)
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil until blended smoothly. Drizzle over ice cream to harden.

I made this on Sunday afternoon and served it with fresh-picked strawberries over ice cream. Then I stored the leftover topping in a small jar and have it sitting on my counter. I'm not sure how long this would last if you made it up ahead of time, but it is so easy and delicious that I doubt it will last long! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment