Monday, May 18, 2009

Recipes

Right now I'm just trying to get all the recipes and menu ideas from the last few weeks onto the blog. So here are a few from a couple of weeks ago.

Miss Betty's Super Quick Dinner Rolls
Reagan helped me make these for supper the other night. It was fun and he was sooo proud of "helping" with dinner. A few notes/alterations for this recipe -
1. If you don't have Self-Rising flour, you can substitute 1 cup all-purpose flour+1.5 teaspoons baking powder+1/2 teaspoon salt.
2. I followed the advice of a couple of other reviewers on Allrecipes and added some spices for extra flavor (basil, oregano, pepper).
3. I decided to adapt this recipe to be a little more like the Red Lobster Garlic Cheese biscuits by adding garlic powder and 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar (this amount is for a triple batch).

Aussie Chicken
This recipe is just out of this world! I serve it over Onion Rice (see below). I also pour the rest of the sauce over the chicken when it's got about 5 minutes left because I like the sauce warm. One step that must not be skipped is pounding the chicken to 1/2" thick, otherwise it takes quite a bit longer to cook and the sauce burns around the edges of the pan.

Onion Rice
I do add some minced garlic to the onions, some herbs to the broth (parsley, basil, pinch of salt), and 1 Tbsp butter. A perfect complement to the honey mustard sauce from the chicken.

Man Pleasin' Jambalaya
This is one of Jared's favorite meals and I love it because it doesn't create a bunch of dishes for me to wash:) I do cut down on the rice (2.5 cups vs. 3) and the chicken by half. I also add Chipotle Tabasco Sauce for a little more heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment